View Single Post
Old 2017-02-22, 5:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopdog6502 View Post
I bought a homefil through salt city glass, drop shipped from Glenn medical and it broke , got a second one from Glenn medical and it broke.

whips,connections and everything for a 2 K tanks I already owned cost me $1180. I owned my own cons too.

I got about 12 K tanks filled by two homefils for basically $100 a tank.

Buy some concentrators from Dave at Unlimited Oxygen. Don't buy a flimsy piece of junk homefil. Mine second one is in my basement with 226 hours and died a screeching clunking death, im glad I was home when it self destructed.

Once you have 20-30 LMP you can hook up a Gast compressor, fill a 60 gallon air tank that's been cleaned and build a high volume system for < $1,000.
fills 10-15 times faster then a homefil. filling 20+ LPM Being its more on demand you can start the system and be raging in 5 minutes when starting from empty tanks.

Iv done plenty of homework on this and Buying Oxygen concentrators alone is always a winner. Upgrading them to a home rolled High volume type system is childs play and not worth the $7,000 they are asking.

You are running good torches the 2 LPM fill time will not cut the mustard.

I have an old youtube of what I built in less then a weekend and have since made it bigger and better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1PFHacsrI

That'd be my recommendation, too.

I use 2 10lpm concentrators from Available/Oxygen with a Gast m100x. The m100x draws too much for them (about 25 lpm?) if it's filling an empty-ish tank, but there's a simple work-around, if 20lpm can keep up with your actual work habits (it's plenty, with my Phantom).