View Single Post
Old 2011-01-16, 8:32am
Glass-aholic

I am using etch-all cream, from Michael's. It is not brown, and had an even consistancy even before I shook it up. I poured some into another container, added a few drops of water, and shook and stirred it with a 5/32 mandrel for a while. I also stirred it with the beads in it ever couple min for the first 15 min with the turquoise. All the other colors needed 10 min max.

I got a great etch on every transparent color except the turquoise. a nice soft even etch.

I will be making beads to test this morning, and test them later today and tomorrow. I am baffled....I will make a beads of every transparent color I have and compare the etch times, and chart their etching time. I did not think that med transparent turquoise was one of the ones that did not etch well.

On the subject of colors that do not etch well, lets turn this science project into something more useful to everyone else. Post colors you know will not etch here, and I will edit this post or start a new one with a list, and my findings on etching times. That way people will have something to go by.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2011-01-16 at 8:36am.