View Single Post
Old 2014-01-20, 12:44pm

A lot of people assume that having their own website will instantly get them sales. This is not true, when you are part of a site like Etsy you get the traffic they have on their site, Etsy has millions of visitors each day. When you start your own site you get maybe 100 visitors per day. This is because people need to be able to find your site, you will need to advertise and market your site. Another thing you could do is to hire a Search Engine Optimization company (SEO) to help get your site ranking higher in the search engines.

I did a few quick searches for Mauritian with keywords such as beads and you came up first in the results. The same when I searched for Mauritian glass. The one thing I could suggest is that you have the site redesigned to be more professional and easier to navigate. You should talk to a web development firm or a person who has been doing User Interface work for a while. They will know where to place each item to make it grab the attention of visitors.

Many don't know this but a lot has gone into studies on where a consumers eye will travel along the page, positioning items in certain places leads to better experiences for the customer.