View Single Post
Old 2010-08-21, 6:10pm

Why doesn't green work on the inside? (It's Northstar's Jade, by the way)

I guess my problem is that I pay a lot of attention to the bowl end when making it, neglecting the shaft.

As for flashing, how do you recommend I flash something like this? Should I get it red hot, or will something below the melting temperature be just as effective? Should I do a quick once over (Which I tried, and it just lead to cracking, so I guess I need a better method) or should I let it heat up for a few seconds?

As far as the frit not being melted in, I know. I've been working on that. It takes some practice to keep the tube from stretching, folding, or collapsing.

I worry that since they crack when reintroduced to flame, if I put them straight in a hot kiln, they'll crack. Am I right? Can anyone recommend a temperature to have the kiln at just for colder pieces before annealing?

Rather, I guess if I flash it enough, I could just pop them in to a 565 C kiln. Am I right?

Can anyone see any other problems? Tomorrow or Monday I will have some specific problems for you guys! And thank you for the help. Really. There's not many people I can turn to for help with things like this. Sorry I type a lot.

Last edited by Kurt_; 2010-08-21 at 6:20pm.