Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:50am
doyenne of the homebodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by likes to make glass stuff View Post
Do you use silver glass and/or odd lots? I don't use odd lots myself because I like to be able to get the same glass regularly and that isn't often the case when or if they remake one. Silver glass I tend to be willing to work out, even with batch variations. Each color is a whole new ball game, but it's fun.

Just like those things I mentioned, once you figure it out, it's the same thing with devardi. Usually, like most pinks from anyone and handpulled glass, it's work it cool if you have problems. I don't "coddle" devardi. I just consider "frit on a stick" rods much more difficult to work with.
I do use odd lots and silver glass, and I agree, once I figured some things out about them, they were fun to use. I was responding to what you said about Devardi working half as well, and about it being like a toddler. If you misspoke before when you said those things, and you are now saying Devardi is just like other glasses (besides the "mom" Bullseye) then I am truly confused, and I think I'll just go back to reading.

Andrea

Last edited by andreajane; 2009-11-20 at 10:54am. Reason: spelling