View Single Post
Old 2021-12-09, 9:49am

Good morning all!

A BIG THANKS to Yonil for your excellent beads! Very clear(pardon pun) colors with zephyr as the core! PLUS it just makes so much cents (another pun, dohl, sorry)…that also saves the special glass and makes it go that much farther….

THANK YOU YONIL!!

For some reason I have trouble making things small…your fish & birds are beautiful examples of Theia. It’s a very cool color and it truly shines, I now understand what the clear can do as a base, plus they are excellent examples of what you can do with smaller beads. I try, but before ya know it, it’s big! I have seen some gorgeous beads that were very small, about the size of a penny, in a string of 20+, made with DH glass, encased in zephyr, and all beads matched perfectly by Three Muses Glass….

Excellent information & work folks! Thanks a bunch - off to try my hand with DH glass & making my beads smaller. I sorta tried that last night making just plain old round donut shaped o-v-o over a core of zephyr. I DID notice beads clouding up & if that happened I reheated it until it got clear, cooled it & tried the strike again…I didn’t anneal them, just put in a fiber blanket to cool. Will test annealing with 1 Theia & 1 o-v-o ramping up to 920 for 30 minutes then let it cool. If those beads keep their color, I’ll batch anneal all I’ve been putting in fiber blanket.

Thanks again to everyone for your help! I’ll post my latest..