View Single Post
Old 2007-08-06, 6:56am
Ezzy

I never leave the house with the kiln on! I don't know why, I just don't, though I will do other things in other areas of the house.

My torching hours are erratic. I might make some beads but then have to go out to run an errand, or be unable to focus and make only 2 or 3 beads. I make sure the bead door is closed and turn the kiln off. When I get back home I might not decide to torch til the next day. I just leave the beads in the kiln and start the kiln up when I'm ready to torch again. I've pretty much always done that and truthfully I don't know whether or not it adds additional stressors to the glass but I've never had a problem with broken beads.

I can't go to sleep with the kiln on either. Even though it's on a controller I can be a tard and hit buttons i'm not supposed to; most recently that ended up in the beads sitting at 960 for something like 99:99 hours! When the kiln shuts off then I can go to bed. (Or I might just turn it off and then turn it back on to go through the cycle the following day.)

So I guess I basically don't leave the house or go to sleep when the toggle switch is turned on.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.