View Single Post
Old 2016-10-26, 10:26am

Well, folks, I finally got my hands on the reason that this thread got started: a purple Casa Noble Anejo bottle. Color's fake, drat it, a mere spray-on of paint. Bah. I hate cheats like that. You'd think that they'd spring for the real thing when a single measure of their product costs $60.00 or more. By the way, the best method of telling whether or not a bottle has been colored like that is to look at its base. The glass there is thicker than anywhere else in the bottle, usually, especially in odd-shaped bottles, and therefore will appear much darker than the rest of the glass if the color's real. If the bottle's already empty, have a look down through the neck; the edges of the bottom will appear lighter in color than the rest of the bottle, or even clear if it's been painted. Then you may sulk.

Small rant done. The bottle has other uses, but not ones that I'm set up for. It came with the box and is whole and undamaged, labels intact, cork still present, and it still smells like tequila. Is anyone out there willing to pay $25.00 to own it all for themselves? That's what I paid for it, shipping included. PM me if you're interested.