View Single Post
Old 2015-07-17, 9:04am
professional gimme fiver

Default Do you torch in winter?

About 2 years ago we built a single wall cabana up by our pool area that I snagged for my studio. It's been working out great! Windows with cross ventilation and a sliding glass door. For 6 months of the year I am able to torch, but for the other 6 months I simply cannot deal with the cold. I have arthritis and my hands can't cooperate. Plus it's bitter cold here in winter! (Pennsylvania).

My hubby and I were thinking of covering the walls and floor in plastic sheeting, dropping in a layer of fiberglass insulation and covering it with wood paneling (which is what is inside right now and looks nice). We are a little stuck with what to do with the floor. Rolled linoleum?

But the biggest issue we can't figure out, is how to deal with the frigid air that will come in from the window cross ventilation. I suggested getting a couple of portable baseboard heaters but he pointed out that I will still be blasted in the back by the cold air, which will quickly fill the studio.

How do you handle torching in the winter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.