View Single Post
Old 2006-01-28, 2:58pm
*glass spaz*

I don't know what happened with mine. You can see that I was banking on them to cool more green, because I put green aventurine dots on one of them (thank you for the chunks Anna!!). But, they ended up cooling a world-scape blue tone. Did I not cook them enough? Did I cook them too much? Did I not let the base bead cool enough before I encased them? I don't know. I like the effect, I just was hoping for green.

I used light ivory on some beads, and dark ivory on others. That part didn't seem to have too much of a differing effect. (Sometimes I can't help myself, I must try a few different things, see which I like the best.) The only thing I did on some that you can tell a difference, is I used white enamel powder, and then rolled that, in a bit of white enamel #0 frit. This made the middle bead look different from the others, with the bigger dark spots in it.

Thanks for the tutorial. I want to play with it more when I have time and get the actual GREEN colour. But, that will have to wait another week.....
Oh, I was also wondering, should I lower the oxygen? Or lower the propane? Did you switch levels for anything? (I'm on a Bobcat, if that helps.).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.