Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-20, 10:02am
I'm a lilac!

I'd also like to point out, for people who are newer to the scene, that many of the questions about this glass arose when the sellers first started marketing it, claiming that it was "more saturated" and "higher quality" than the other glass on the market. They also claimed that it was older... I'd love to have screenshots of their old auctions, because they claimed that it was centuries-old, making the current claim that it's new to the market and never previously available contradictory to their own original claims. Furthermore, I SAW the Bill of Lading, I KNOW what company it comes from, and yes, they DO sell glass rods and have been since before Dan and Natasha started selling it as Devardi.

It's little things like this that originally made me question this glass and the sellers, and their own behavior when asked about it only served to validate my cautiousness. They are sweet if you're buying from them, sure, but the way they treated me and others for asking questions, and the extremely sketchy way in which they "answered" those questions, means that I will never trust them. Even if they started selling US-made glass. The worst thing is that they went back and deleted their abusive posts from the original thread, so you can't even go back and see what I'm talking about. Their shills now deny that ever happened, but I and many other people were there, and saw it. They accused many of us asking questions of working for other glass vendors and having ulterior motives.

The sheer quantity of accounts who come to these threads and never post anywhere else on the forum also sketch me out. There is no other glass on the market that has a dedicated bunch of groupies who only post in threads related to that glass, for the purpose of defending or promoting a specific seller... or, I should say, there hasn't been lately. Not since Ornela.

Maybe that answers some of the questions about why there are so many suspicions around this glass. There's history to it. That is why people react so vehemently to posts about problems with it.

Use it if you want, that's your business. But I don't think it's reasonable to make claims that it's of equal quality to Effetre or Vetrofond and expect glassworkers with 20+ years of experience using and MAKING glass not to refute those claims.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kalera; 2009-11-20 at 10:05am.