View Single Post
Old 2018-09-17, 8:49am

Default Help with Piping Tanked Propane into studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale M. View Post
IF it is a secondary regulator........

NFPA code allows one to bring propane into residence at a maximum pressure of 10 PSI.....

So by putting a "fixed pressure" primary regulator set to 10PSI (MAX) at tank and then connecting a adjustable (secondary) regulator to piping to inside you can have a range of 0 to 10 psi in studio....

Other option may be to get "fixed" pressure regulator (for primary at tank) at maybe 2 or 5 PSI and save cost of adjustable regulator and just learn to work with torch at preset supply pressure....

Dale

Good Morning, Dale

I have a Bethleham Betta torch and I have been trying to get my gas man to hook it up for me but he is having difficulty knowing what he needs. I have a oxycon and would be using a propane tank like for barbeques. I have a black pipe, threaded on both ends ran through the block wall. I read De 's post on how she said to do it. I would need two shut off valves brass red handle 1/2" female fittings Part #110-523HC, and a male pipe to FIP hex bushings 1/2" x 1/4" (reducer 1/2" to 1/4") part number 17000827 and a hose barb adapter 1/4" to 1/4" MIP part no 17000192. elbows for turns and clamps. I'm not sure I can find those part numbers as they may have changes. Can I put my regulators inside my garage instead of outside or not? I think my readings would be 2PSI and my oxy would be 8,9, or 10. I'm sorry I really don't know exactly how to ask so my gas man would understand or if you could draw something I could show him how to do it. I know I also read that I should have flash back arestors also and not sure where they would go. I hate to bother you but I've had this for over 5 years and not been able to get it piped in. Any help at all you could give me would help so much. thank you Linda