View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 10:23pm
Sheila

I'm running one Piranha on an M-10 and one on a Devilbiss MC64 (both with propane). The torch on the M-10 is definately hotter, but the difference is not huge. I ran a Minor with the M-10, and it was also hotter. Again, not a huge difference, but noticeable.

I work exclusively with soft glass--Lauscha, Moretti, and Uroboros. 96 COE was pretty slow on the Minor/Devilbiss, but it was much easier with the M-10. I only did a simple test, but that was enough for me.

The noise from the M-10 is really not bad. It makes the Devilbiss sound loud, but the noise from that one never really bothered me. It's a small thing, but I really like that the alarm is disabled on the M-10.

I can actually run both Piranhas on the M-10 and get a neutral flame on both, but just barely. I would not recommend trying two torches on one oxy con. At least not on the M-10. You'd have to turn one torch off to get anywhere close to an oxy flame.

So, I'm going to get another M-10, but I have been considering an M-20 instead. I really have no desire to do anything with boro, but I do frequently use 96 COE. Would that be overkill, or would I love it all that much more?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.