View Single Post
Old 2006-03-21, 6:19pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
That unit looks cool, now get one down here. LOL

Kimberly, you have to understand that my full tilt and Pam's full tilt are two totally different things. I can guarantee you don't use 50% of what a triple mix is capable of on bottles with soft glass. Run yours on bottles and actually do some bigger boro work. See what a GTT can really do before you brag about how your concentrator runs one.
Here, read this, again.
Quote:
I can run my Cheetah with one Integra 10. The Integra 10 is only 9psi at 10 lpm, so it is not running it at full capacity. However, it is enough to work soft glass and small to medium boro easily.
I made it very clear that I am not running the Cheetah at full capacity. I was hardly bragging. That's your department. I simply stated the capacity of my concentrator and what I can work with it. No need to get defensive.

I mentioned Pam and her OG20 because she had previously posted her results and they were very good.

Anyway, the reason I posted anything at all was because you said that your Cheetah did not have the needed "push" on the two M-20s. Push comes from pressure. Well, 20 psi should be plenty of pressure to not only run the Cheetah, but get top end out of it. Afterall, the manufacturer recommends about 15psi oxygen for the Cheetah. More pressure does not equal better performance. A torch can only do so much before the theory of diminishing returns kicks in. Too much oxygen will cool your flame. It's a balance.

Now, if your purity is not good, then push will not be enough to drive that heat into the glass. You have to have the heat to begin with and good heat comes from pure oxygen. That is why I asked if you had your units tested for purity at those higher pressures (you said earlier that you were going to do that). If you gain pressure, but lose purity, you will be spinning your wheels.

Are you able to drive the flame off the face of the torch? Does it ever blow the flame out?