View Single Post
Old 2006-03-23, 4:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD Lampwork
Well it does for us. Hell I can only run my M20 at 8, so I'm not even up to 1/2 capacity and I can make 1 3/4 inch marbles with ease. And my understanding is JC is also running her 'cuda on 1 M20. And I have run a 'cuda on 1 Integra 10 and it worked much better than the M20. At least according to the advertisments they should be comparable.

We're doing it with one and we're not alone. Sure, I'd love 20 lpm, but that's just not practical at this point (we live in a RV and travel full time). I'm mystified by people insisting I can't do something when I am doing it. Oh, and we work 7 days a week, usually around 8 hours per day. The torch is doing just fine thank you.

Hell, I ran my old national 8 with the 21 tip on 2 5 lpm machines. Wasn't a huge flame, but I made a 2 inch marble with the sucker. It did take most of the day, but that was due to complexity more than lack of heat.
Yo that is sweet. How long you been in an RV? I wish I could travel in an RV full time and burn some glass while doing it. That would be like living a dream.

If you got your torch raging with either one M20 and or one Integra 10 and it works for you, then that's all that matters.

I have not used a M20 or Integra 10 connected to a Barracuda, but I have tried a Barracuda with 2 devilbiss concentrators which would give me equal to what the Integra 10 or M20 would output and I was not happy with the results. I then connected a 3rd newlife conncentrator for a toal of 15 LPM @ 9 psi with 94% oxygen purity and the result was good enough for me to use it inplace of tanked oxygen even though there is still a big difference compared to the tanked oxygen, but it works good enough.

But I do think if I had 20 LPM and close to 20 psi the results would be as close to tanked oxygen as one could get. I also think if I started using the barracuda on concentrators first, then I would of been happy with 10 LPM.

But yo, I agree with you that those units should work as advertised. I think any oxygen generating system should output 94-95% oxygen at it maximum output or else the unit should outlet less to meet the 94-95% oxygen. I would not use any system below 94% oxygen on any output setting. If their units only output 75% oxygen at 10 LPM then they should only be advertised as 1-8 LPM concentrators and not 1-10 LPM concentrators.