View Single Post
Old 2006-04-01, 8:09pm
Boldly going

Kari,

Yes, I am running a Phantom with my two M20s.

My Phantom is a 4 stud - split manifold, but the two oxy studs are connected via a hose 'T' and the two propane studs are connected via another 'T'. So, basically it is set up like a two stud model. My two M20s are connected with a 'Y' hose from Paula (Suncoast).

My Phantom came set up this way and this works great for me because of the way I work now and the way I will prolly work in the future. Right now I work maybe 80% with the inner (Lynx) fire to do very detailed/prescision/smaller work. When I'm working with the inner ring only, I run the M20s at about 5 to 6 LPM each. When I need a big fire I open the outer ring and crank up the M20s to 8 or 9 LPM. This gives me enuf heat to make a big Maria quickly or melt/condense a big I/O bead.

Like I said before, the two M20s on a Phantom provide enuf heat for what I do now. In the future I know I'll be needing a larger, driving flame and there is just no substitute for liquid or compressed oxy. So when that time comes, I'll already have the torch I need. I'll just connect the M20s to the inner fire and run the outer fire with liquid Oxy through a foot pedal. I think that's the ideal setup.

BRad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|