View Single Post
Old 2013-03-09, 8:44pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

I preheat Devardi rods in the Sally Beauty Supply curling iron heater that this "mini-annealer" is based on. Devardi rods slump in it. When they stick to the lining, they pick up parts of it.

Since the turtle is stuck to the inside surface of this supposed "mini-annealer," if you get it loose and if it survives, the feet will probably have ceramic material stuck to it. My bet is that your turtle doesn't survive intact trying to pry it loose from the heater.

The Glass Hive kiln will keep a consistent temperature better than this silly "mini-annealer" does. My Sally Beauty Supply heater displays wild fluctuations in temperature. Create a mandrel holder for use inside the Glass Hive so your beads don't come close to touching the kiln floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.