View Single Post
Old 2006-09-14, 7:54pm

The main reason I located the vent where I did was to give me room to have things on my work surface all along the back of the table. I would have lost a lot of this space if I'd moved the range hood down lower. Plus on the student stations, I had windows to contend with, and I didn't want the range hoods in front of the windows. I know that the ventilation systems would have worked better if they'd been lower, but they really work great where they are. I can tell you that I've done all kinds of tests with this system, and it is a great vent system. By increasing the size of the squirrel cage fan assembly, I gave myself the luxury of the additional space I gained by moving the range hood up higher. I have a carbon monoxide detector about 3 feet from my torch and it has NEVER gone off. When I have my vent fan on it is even hard to open the door to my studio, so I know how well it is sucking out the bad air.

I appreciate the fact that you folks are thinking about safety, and believe me, that was one of my main concerns when we built this studio.

For all of the nice comments from everyone, I say a HUGE thanks. I have received such great information from others on WC and LE, and it was my turn to give back.

Becky