View Single Post
Old 2015-01-27, 8:06pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
I have a cricket on 2 10lpms. Every other reduction glass works great for me. Other than yourself and the pics on the DH site, I've seen one other pic where they've gotten close to it....and she wouldn't tell anybody how she worked it, she said it took a long time to figure out and may write a tut
Iaso is not like other reduction glass - you will notice that it doesn't fume the base beads.

What are your 2 oxycons set at? You will need to turn the machine on with the hoses unattached and let them warm up for 10 minutes in order to get an accurate reading. What about your propane? What psi is it at? The reason the setting matters is that if you propane/oxy split is too propane rich OR too oxy rich, you may have trouble getting the bronze colors.

The trick in bringing out the bronze Iaso is reduce multiple times using a light reduction flame. Mine isn't as small as jed's but it's small. You are putting the bead in the yellow candles so it the reduction flame is not small, you over reduce in a heart beat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|