View Single Post
Old 2007-09-26, 3:56am
boro color bender

Default Inside my mind... How I work... SCARY STUFF! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Ok, so I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now. I get asked all the time how I come up with stuff. Is this a tutorial? NOPE! It's going to be an ongoing thread about how my mind works... where my inspiration comes from and how one piece/idea leads to another. If you expect me to finish all of these ideas or finish them all the way to completion, you obviously don't know me very well. It may get crazy... I may leave you hanging out there in limbo wanting me to actually go in one direction... and I won't. My mind goes in 37 different directions at once. It's all part of living with ADD and being a creative soul.

OK, so here's what's on my mind this morning... I need to get 10 beads done for an exchange... they can't be pendants, but I want them to be hearts. I decided to pierce the body with hot tungsten to make the holes. I also don't want it to look unfinished. I have an idea for that and I'll share pics with you later...

Then I started thinking about my off mandrel donut beads...

and I added my idea for making the hearts look more finished to that... and then... I added a drip from my latest work to the mix.

The drip looks like this...

More pics and ideas to come later. Hold on folks, this is going to be fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 2007-09-26 at 3:59am.