View Single Post
Old 2009-03-07, 1:59am
picking Job's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
If I wanted to make something out of yarn, I'd have to decide if I wanted to knit or to crochet, then I could buy an appropriate pattern.
While I haven't read the whole thread, I beg to differ. I have NEVER bought a pattern to crochet or knit anything (and I can tell you that DD has tried very hard to talk me out of things I made years and years ago, before my hands started giving out. Things of the size of dresses).

Tutorials are something entirely different to patterns. They show or teach you a technique. Tutorials are to teach techniques. Patterns are to copy.

Techniques I can learn by watching and/or PPP, reading books or tutorials. Patterns I can just vaguely follow, and I have crocheted a coat, a strapless dress that's mostly transparent in a lot of places, well designed as to where not to be, knitted a form fitting dress as well as cable sweaters and Norwegian patterns (without ever buying a pattern).

For lack of local classes I love to watch Joe (of Avenuebeads) torch whenever I can make time to do so (the time difference is often prohibitive for me).
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln