Thread: Burns
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 7:57am

I'm so glad that those of you with aprons will wear them more, and those of you who don't have one of them seem to be getting one. I was unsure if I should post this at first because I didn't want people to think I was looking for pity. The reason I posted was because if I could remind one person about the leather apron and that one person didn't get burned, that's all I wanted. There are a lot of things we do daily to think about safety (hoses, pressure gauges, etc) but it's easy to forget something that can literally save your life. The doctor said if he thought for a second that it would take this long to heal he would have done a skin graft. Who knows if that would have been the better road to travel.

So please..... please practice safety with everything you do. I too am guilty of thinking that I wouldn't need this or that, or thinking that that won't happen to me. Rods will pop, glass will fall, but if you have safety precautions in place, you will be able to continue with a craft we all love.