View Single Post
Old 2012-08-08, 1:44pm
KILN BUILDIN FOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
I got a Wildcat used from someone here. It's drastically different from the Lynx. It can get as hot, it's just a bushy, less pinpointed flame. And the heat feels completely different. With the Lynx I could get something hot in no time, but it was hard to get the whole piece (larger pieces) nicely balanced without feeling a little stressed about cracks and insurance heat. The Wildcat takes a little longer to heat the whole piece up, but for some reason, it seems to keep it's heat longer. It's difficult to explain.

It's almost like comparing apples to oranges. They may be fruit, but not off the same tree.

One thing about the Wildcat. I find that I need to work much farther out in the flame when using silver glass. Otherwise it auto-strikes/reduces when I don't want it to.
So far though, I'm able to have it do what I was trying to force the Lynx to do...be a soft, bushy flame with more ambient heat.

The faster the glass is heated, the less core heat it has. Just like cooking a roast, if you put it on broil, the outside gets cooked fast and the inside stays pink. Do the slow roast and the inside and outside end up more even in heat.

If you do end up deciding this is not the torch for you, the Knight Bullet is a great choice for that size range. The center fire is much like the Nortel minor, and the outer flame can be run bushier than the GTT outer fires. Doesn't get hot like the 'cudda can (the body gets burn you hot). If you can't find a used one in your price range, shoot me a PM. Mine has been in storage for a while since I am without studio space, and I may let it go to a good home where it will get some mileage put on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When you tell lie's about someone, well you get what you get.