View Single Post
Old 2012-08-11, 7:50am

Yes, this is what I was trying to say. The Wildcat does take longer to heat but it heats all of the way through without melting the surface too fast. You don't have to worry about loosing surface decor. I'm glad your having some luck with it. It does take a bit getting used to. I know when I switch between my Herbie and the Wildcat, it is two different worlds and I have to adjust myself to that. I'm glad you figured out the silver glass too. I don't use it but if I do, now I know.

Larry, nawww....ain't never parting with my Herbie LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenne View Post
I got a Wildcat used from someone here. It's drastically different from the Lynx. It can get as hot, it's just a bushy, less pinpointed flame. And the heat feels completely different. With the Lynx I could get something hot in no time, but it was hard to get the whole piece (larger pieces) nicely balanced without feeling a little stressed about cracks and insurance heat. The Wildcat takes a little longer to heat the whole piece up, but for some reason, it seems to keep it's heat longer. It's difficult to explain.

It's almost like comparing apples to oranges. They may be fruit, but not off the same tree.

One thing about the Wildcat. I find that I need to work much farther out in the flame when using silver glass. Otherwise it auto-strikes/reduces when I don't want it to.
So far though, I'm able to have it do what I was trying to force the Lynx to do...be a soft, bushy flame with more ambient heat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.