View Single Post
Old 2012-11-01, 9:27am
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonharper View Post
Seriously, if you are getting a new torch go for something a little more efficient than a minor or mega minor, I know that they are good torches but the technology is no longer state of the art. GTT and Bethlehem both make excellent and efficient torches.
I love my Mega Minor, not so much my GTT. When a torch flame is dialed in correctly every torch out there is efficient to melt glass. If you are referring to efficiency in oxygen usage the best way for that is not on the torch end but on the oxygen end. Build a system that produces and stores a lot of oxygen and you can supply any torch on the market "efficiently"

'state of the art' means:

the level of knowledge and development achieved in a technique, science, etc., esp at present
adj (prenominal) state-of-the-art
the most recent and therefore considered the best; up-to-the-minute

This terminology does not hold water with me. Actually I have always waited several years before buying any new "state of the arts" anything so they can get all of the bugs worked out first.

That terminology was stated by you in a way that rules out considering any of the older tried and true models like the Minor and the Mini CC Burners etc. and even the HH. Sorry but that is just wrong in my opinon.

I just don't want any newbies reading this thread to think that state of the art is the best/only way to go. It surely isn't in regards to torches.

I have 5 torches and they are all different and I use them all for different things.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2012-11-01 at 9:30am.