View Single Post
Old 2008-03-17, 8:10pm
Dildo Kween!

Quote:
That is the product that I carry. It is called Annealing Bubbles. The Japanese use this extensively, to the point that many Japanese artists do not use an electric kiln. Then again, their glass has a much lower annealing temperature, and holds the heat for a lot longer than the US or Italian glass.

HTH

Malcolm
Sounds like it's just being cooled and not annealed. I'm not going to get into this at length but it's not annealing unless a kiln is used.

Sure the Japanese can get away with it because most of the Japanese glasses have a higher level of lead in the glass - and it will hold the temps longer.

When I owned the Czech glass biz - we did extensive research on this.

But hey! It's your beads! It's your customers... hope you have a return policy!

I'd suggest saving up your money and buying a kiln if you want to build a business and have repeat customers. Cooling beads and not annealing gives good beadmakers a bad name.

(ever clean out Japanese beads and .... *plink* breaks in half?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.