View Single Post
Old 2008-07-26, 12:08pm

Quote:
I have!!!! It's fabulous!!! I wonder if Malcolm has made any progress on securing a bit of quantity...I can tell you that putting it into a crock pot (1 qt. size) and allowing it to get nice and toasty, then placing your flame cooled bead into it was what made the difference for me from having a bunch of cracked beads with a few lucky survivors to having 100% success!!! I even made some 1 1/4" hollows (on my good old Hot Head even!) and these survived no problem as long as they're allowed to cool slowly to room temp. overnight; then, of course, I used my kiln to do a full and proper batch anneal.

I sold mine a while back when I got my new bead kiln (silly me!) but would be happy to buy some again when it becomes more readily available for my shorter sessions.

Oh Malcolm, darling? Hows your Domo Arigato going?

~De
Hey, De
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Been busy getting ready for the Norikazu Kogure workshop, as well as the Gathering.

Yes, I am now able to get this in larger quantities. I've brought in over 30 gallons of the stuff, and have already sold most of it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Got another 60 gallons on the way
So, I should have plenty on hand. A large zip-loc bag with 1.75 liters is $7.00.

I've also have some 9" x 9" x 7" stainless steel tins with lids, full of the annealing bubbles (much more than in the zip-loc bag), for $20.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978