View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 3:28pm

I know, it's frustrating that the Minnow isn't on the Beth site yet. Because they are THAT new....just a few test torches out, nobody has them yet...they will hit the general market SOON, and we are taking orders for them NOW... So, to answer the questions:

Both torches are amazingly quiet. Both are revolutionary in my book....

The BETTA, because it was designed for household natural gas and concentrators and generators. You can work with gas as low as .5 psi and 3 psi oxygen. (Although I work 1 psi Propane and 5 psi oxygen.) Also works fine at the usual pressures of 5 psi gas and 20 psi oxygen) I think in psi. Our official specs are in liters per hour: 107.4 l/hr gas and 332.3 l/hr oxygen. I also have cubic feet....Do you want that as well?

Anyway, the Betta is awesome because it's got the low pressure ability and was designed from the ground up to meet the needs of flameworkers on concentrators and generators....

The SS Minnow Burner is incredible. It is virtually silent except for highly oxidizing flames. It's just sooo quiet. More than that, it's going to be almost indestructable. Instead of bundles of tubes running through the length of the torch, which is how all torches deliver their fuels, this one has holes drilled in stainless steel, for the length of the torch body. No tubes. That means it can drop, get knocked around, and live through beginner classes and survive! It's hot and has the most perfect combustion of any torch we've ever produced. It's $197 price tag I just want to kneel on the ground and thank the universe for. Finally! So it's positioned as an entry level bead burner, but I can tell you it's great for small boro as well.

I do have some figures here from the home office on the Minnow: Natural Gas: 240 liters per hour, or 6 cubic feet per hour. Oxygen: 10 liters per minute. Does that help?

So take your pick and please continue to ask questions. (That's what I'm here for!) We're still doing our research on the Minnow, as far as how far it can go, heat-wise. I will tell you that the Minnow is TWICE as hot as the Piranha.......

Have fun and let me know what you need....

Marcie