Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 7:57am

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Jim, as I pointed out in my post, seems the glass has improved since 2002. And in my opinion it would also be unfair to describe this glass as a better glass than others on the market.
Pam, The only relationship this glass has with the glass imported in 2002 is that they both are made in India. The manufacturers like what Daniel and Natasha have done with the glass, so they have chemists working on new glass, lusters, silver, and others, and the quality has improved with each shipment, and I am told it will in the future, by using larger crucibles and larger kilns. The company is listening to customers.
I don't see that many users of Devardi glass are comparing it with Bullseye or Uroboros. They have excellent quality control and their glass is great. I don't think that is the point here.
I know Daniel could take the time to pull all first quality rods and charge a much higher price for them, especially the premium colors. His marketing strategy is his - put it all out there - make it and keep it simple - all at one price. Would I have done this if I was retailing glass rods? Probably not. But, I cannot argue with their success. It amazes me to see how many thousands of pounds of glass are being shipped with each new shipment. And, they still have to time to respond to anyone, by email or phone, that needs them or advise about their product. Their customer service is stellar.
No, this is not about comparing Devardi to Bullseye or Uroboros. Many of us do not want to pay $30.00 to $50.00 a pound for glass, especially in this economy. Many of us are ordering this glass, also, because we like many of the working properties. Yes, I have and do use some Bullseye and I have worked with Uroborus. Both, fantastic glasses.
Jim Clark

PS: Hello Kalera, Hope you had a great summer.