View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 1:34pm

Arrow

38 mm rod is pretty difficult to cut with either circular cutters or nippers. It's even more Difficult when you're trying to get them all exactly 2.5 inches long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
Is there a reason why you cannot cut them yourself using a simple rod cutter? I always buy cases and cut the rod to length using a nipper/cutter that has two circular blades. I cut both 18mm and 1" rod using this method. The tool was given to me by a friend so I dont know what they are called but I see them for sale everywhere and they work well. If I did not have access to a cutter, I would measure and score the rod using a file and then break them into blanks. I find that if I buy a sealed case, the rod is much cleaner without any scratches and dings then I used to get when I asked the retailer to cut to length.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.