View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 9:43pm
It's a far gone lullaby

As a recent UO customer, I thought I'd chime in about my experience.

We sent in our old Hurricane, and although we hadn't ever hardly used it, it was an older prototype version, and wasn't running well at that point. Because of this, Jack said he was gonna treat us well.

We paid for a refurbishment of our old unit, and instead Jack agreed to give us a brand new unit. With this, he said it would go from a few weeks wait time, to 8-12 weeks wait. We found this to be generous and agreeable.

First off, I totally disagree with the, "those who bitch the most get their units the fastest" thing,

Second, there are a few people with valid complaints, some people have been waiting way too long.

With both of those things in mind, it still seems that most issues are blown out of proportion.

The website has always said there will be a 2-3 month wait, and yes I had to wait every bit of that.

Paid up 100% up front, and it took the full three months. There was a little bit of confusion when it was finished and ready to ship, because we prepaid shipping, and the records weren't clear.

So instead of shipping out on a friday, it shipped out on a Tuesday.

It arrived quickly (I'm one state over), and was very well packed. I was worried about this, because I read a few reviews about them coming in damaged.

Now, as far as the actual unit itself. I've only worked on it a couple times, but this things rocks! The addition of the internal holding tank is great! Totally solves the normal fluctuation. I fire it up right after my kiln, and then get organized for my day, so that the holding tank has time to fill.

After about 15 minutes, it's good to go. I'm able to run my GTT Scorpion very well. Definitely not 100%, but it's a HUGE upgrade from my daisy-chained medical units.

Because of back issues, I'm unable to lug around tanks, and I'm so glad to have this alternative available.

So glad, that I think it's time to upgrade to a GTT Phantom!

Jack maybe you could hook a brother up with one of those free mini-15's you've been handing out, so I can run that on the inner fire, and this new hurricane on the outer!