Thread: EDP 254
View Single Post
Old 2017-08-26, 8:56am

Default What's Up With 104 color!

Quote:
SO....254 has been unavailable? They aren't making anymore or what's the scoop with that?
I haven't made beads in a very long time, nor kept up with the industry, so a bit out of touch sorry.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New rules in Italy and one of the important components of 591254 is no longer allowed to be used, and to this point no replacement has been discovered.

As I was cleaning up in our building I found some 1/4 pound bags of glass that is listed as either 254 or 257. I have been heating up each rod and testing to see if it is 254 or 257. And in addition to those I have found rods of 254 that I had rejected last year because of their thickness, but now I am testing them.

The larger rods of about 8mm when preheated in my kiln do not pop and explode.

I probably need another week to finish my testing and then will probably put these remaining rods into the fun house or find some other great way to share this rare color with our customers.

In the meantime we have gotten a restock on CiM colors plus next week we should be getting our Effetre shipment and in this shipment is a huge amount of the new Effetre Super Clear as well as other restocks and a few surprises.

Still waiting to hear from Vetrofond in regards to when they can ship the new Vetrofond Clear.

As soon as some production is available of the new Vetrofond Clear, we will airfreight some to us. I expect the seafreight shipment to arrive with new Vetrofond around the end of the year.

Lots of new colors coming from CiM later this year!!!!

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206