View Single Post
Old 2008-01-17, 8:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Hmmm What about this one:

Teague

I can't seem to find many pics of Mayas online, just that there is a lot of controversy with the company that makes them.

Teague
Interesting torch, Teague. It looks a lot like the Cenco (Central Scientific Co.) torch I have:

Notice the gas and air control wheels on the sides of the torch.

Cenco was founded in 1900, and the company grew into the 1960's. However, in 1968, the company started having serious difficulties, and much of it was sold off. In 1979, two investors bought the remaining assets of what was left of the company, and that new company still exists today. But, to my knowledge, they do not make torches any more.

Your torch has an interesting base, similar to another torch I have. Notice how the spare tips are stored on threaded stubs on the feet of the base:

All of these are nice old torches, but probably no better than any of the modern torches.

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978