View Single Post
Old 2009-01-04, 12:21pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Sorry, Carmen, I didn't even notice you and Lynne were both from South Africa. I don't usually do research on people before I respond to a post. I usually take what they have written for honest and have no reason to look past that. Perhaps I should. And I think I said, if you had read carefully, "for someone you know or agree with". As I said, I had no idea you were both from South Africa and even if I had I would never have made the determination that you both know each other. Actually, I know more glass beadmakers from around the world than I do in the South Florida area I live in.

The ETA was added when I read Lynne's response to the Happy New Year salutation from Amy and recalled the response earlier where someone had misunderstood Mary.

Well then with respect Pam you should have taken notice when I posted ( I included only that quote of yours) because I only commented on that part and only that part of your post. My post had nothing to do with agreeing with or knowing anybody it was just pointing out that Lynne had not said anything bad about Mary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Smith View Post
Thanks Aleta and Carmen.

If people could maybe just reread their posting before pushing the remit button maybe it would avoid some of the misunderstandings.
I admire Mary and her work tremendously but her last comment could very easily have been misconstrued. Rather write more than less to explain what one means. And because I have read and have seen a lot of Mary's work through the years I immediately thought to myself that she would'nt make a derogatory statement. But not everyone knows everyone else so sometimes things can be taken as they seem and not as they were meant.

Also the little sarcastic remarks and the smilies that follow really don't help the discussion.

Lynne S