View Single Post
Old 2009-01-04, 4:34pm
Mary Lockwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Wow. I am truly stunned. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding.

Me too!

As someone pointed out it's very difficult to judge the tone of someone's statements in print. I felt very stung and upset by Moth's response to my post.

And how do you think I felt about yours? LOL I posted 2 words that you took wrong and completely handed me my ass on a platter. You posted a complete paragraph slamming me and I'm not allowed to get upset?

I rarely post because of all the animosity on a lot of these threads. I apologize if I took it the wrong way. And no, I don't know you Moth. But you don't know me either. So, for my mistake you slammed me in posts that cut to the quick.

Isn't that what you did to me, too? Sure felt like it.

My mistake was that grave that I get a public flogging?

Well, I think it is funny that for my mistake you could flog me...but turnabout isn't fair play.

Twice? But, as you pointed out, we don't know each other, you don't know who I am. Would you have had the same response if someone you knew made the same response? Probably not. Usually I see "oh, you took it the wrong way!" or "I didn't mean it like you took it" when it's between the "well knowns". So there is a double standard whether the artists choose to believe it or not- if you are not one of the "popular" or well established people on this list you get exactly what was given out to me on my response. And by the way? It's easy to say afterwards how you meant a comment-there's no way of knowing how it was intended when it was first written.

So now your response is to call me a liar. That is sweet. If you went back and read any of my other posts, you would see that I've been supporting a 'you can't control anyone but yourself...quit trying to control other people' platform all along. I'm sorry you don't believe that my post was simply a continuation of that sentiment. Control yourself...it's not hard. That was all I meant, but you can choose not to believe that if you want...again, I can't control you, you can only control yourself.

But you sure got your knickers in a twist when I "misunderstood", huh? And came out with guns ablazing to school me in what happpens when a "nobody" dares to say something to a "somebody".

I wasn't schooling you about what happens when a nobody says something to a somebody. I never even know when I'm a somebody and when I'm not. I was defending my own actions after you slammed me for something I didn't even say. You took it the wrong way, it was my fault for not wording it correctly, but you sure got your knickers in a twist too. I didn't say one negative thing about you personally.

I said you don't know me. I said you didn't read any of my other posts in regards to the 'control youself' comment. I said your attack of me sucked.

You said plenty of negative about ME though...deliberately too I might add.

You said I was nasty. You said I can't reply with respect. You said I need to learn how to control myself and respect others. The whole tone of your post was hurtful. All I did was reply to that, and STILL did not say one negative thing against your character...only your actions.

And, FYI, I'll tell you who I am. I'm a 49 year women married to the love of my life for 25 years, and mother of two great kids. I was laid off from my dream job in July, and decided to take up lampworking to keep me busy. I've adored and bought so many of these great beads, I wanted to know more about it. It was suggested to me to join this group a few months ago, as a way of learning and absorbing the talent of great artists who I am in awe of.

Instead, it has taken my excitement and joy of lampworking away. I am just going to melt glass and learn on my own. I will no longer post or probably even lurk much anymore. I thought this list would be fun, but it most definitely is not.

Well, lately it really hasn't been all fun, but I've done my best to be constructive in the threads that seem to turn to bash fests so often so you can imagine that it REALLY stung when after all the effort someone accuses me of exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to be.

I stayed away from reading this post for a few days because I was so upset. I wish I had stayed away all together. I can't even describe how devestated I feel after reading all of the posts after mine - I'm depressed, physically ill, and I am crying as I write. I'm very sorry I took it the wrong way, and sorry you felt I deserved the replying posts.

And I'm sorry you felt I deserved yours.
Donna,

I think that this is not the way either of us usually communicate with people. I think we have both been caught in a whirlwind of emotions and misunderstood words.

I honestly, sincerely would never have responded to your post with sarcasm or disrespect. That is just not how I roll. But your post really did hurt and I came out kicking, you got that part right. Please note though that I really never did call you names or say you are nasty or anything else. Your kneejerk reaction to me, was just as bad as my kneejerk reaction was to you.

I didn't lambaste you or take you to school or try to teach you a lesson. I'm not trying to run you off the forum or make it an unpleasant place for you. I was just not going to sit here and let you call me nasty and disrespectful when I'm not and that has nothing to do with who either of us IS or isn't.

I've taken forum breaks myself, when people have been ugly to me or I've felt the need just to draw into myself for a while and get away from it all, but seriously...this is usually a good place and I hope you don't leave on my account.

I apologize for my part in the whole thing. I never in a million years would have guessed that 2 words could cause such a ruckus. If I hurt you, I am sorry.

~~Mary

Pyro, I am also very sorry for posting this whole thing in your thread, but I couldn't NOT respond to Donna's post. The whole thing is here in public, so I think my apology needed to be as well. I hope you got all the input your needed about your tutorial and that you have fun with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.