View Single Post
Old 2019-10-01, 2:30pm

Default New Setup Ventilation

Hi! so this is my little shed setup. I've been torching in here for about a week or two. So far so good except I'm super paranoid that my ventilation isn't adequate. I can't help but feeling like I might have felt just slightly disoriented a couple times - no nausea or headache and I wouldn't say I felt lightheaded per-se but just a little weird... now this could be from holding my breath due to nerves, I've read a couple people on here say that can happen. Or maybe just from staring at the flame? Yes, I have didymium shades but still feel like it can make you a little woozy after a while..

Anyway, i thought I'd go ahead and ask.. Judging from what you can see of my setup, is there any way to make the ventilation pull stronger? I'm thinking about selling that fan and getting a stronger one. Any recommendations on a fan that won't completely break the bank? The fan I have currently is a 400 cfm inline duct fan either 8 or 6 inch I can't remember...

:sigh: I've made a few kinda cool pendants and things but there are some techniques I don't think I can teach myself and safety isn't something where I just want to wing it and cross my fingers, especially with something like fumes. I think I might go ahead and try to find a couple classes to take instead of trying to be so stubbornly self-taught.