Thread: My new website
View Single Post
Old 2018-03-11, 1:27pm
Lizard rescue squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
Putting a coin in the shot can be used as a size reference Brad.

As for the lettering go with what the designer said.
My forgetter has gotten so much better than my rememberer that I don't trust most of what it tells me anymore.
Yeah, but I've never liked using a coin as a size reference for anything but beads and other small items. The Sharpie may not be very classy, but at least it provides a well know reference point while at the same time showing the penholder in use.

I tried your idea about the bookshelves for a background and, unfortuately, it doesn't look right with the penholder photos. The transition from the photo background to the bookshelf background is too abrupt, even when the background is pretty faded. I think I'd have to edit the penholder photos quite a bit to make it look good, and I don't have the time to do it. It's too bad, because I liked the idea too.

But here, you can have a (non-faded) photo of them anyway.

While I was at it, I took Val's advice and removed the motorcycle/deer reference from the page. It was only two lines of text, but she was right, the page does look better without it.

Brad

P.S. if you want to see a full size bookshelf image, go here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by glassmaker; 2018-03-11 at 1:42pm. Reason: Shrunk the grossly oversized bookshelf image to something that doesn't mess up the thread.