View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 7:13am

As a MANAGER (retail, 20+ years), I can tell you with 100% certainty, that if a customer is dissatisfied on their FIRST visit, there will likely NOT BE a SECOND visit. They simply will find another place to do business.
That's a well known fact.

Settling up on the next visit/order for damages makes no sense, because you are in essence forcing the customer to spend MORE to make something "right" that they ALREADY paid for. 99% of customers AREN'T going to do that--they're going to be disgusted & find another place to spend their money. If you're concerned with fraudulent behavior, send a call tag for the damaged item. Ask for a PHOTO of the damaged item. FILE A UPS CLAIM for the damaged item (YOU'RE USEING UPS--YOU'RE INSURED FOR $100 AUTOMATICALLY ON EVERY SHIPMENT!!--use it & let them sort it out by picking up the damages from the customer.)

What you "lose" to what you are calling "fraudulent behavior" you will MORE THAN GAIN BACK in happy, repeat customers & word-of-mouth advertising.
Rather than annoyed people who spread the word (and believe me, they DO spread the word--if not on forums, by word-of-mouth--people DO talk to each other in person, OFF forums!) that ordering from ABR is a hassle, comes with "issues" & well, it's just EASIER to shop elsewhere unless you're really *desperate*.

I don't make phonecalls from work generally to "sort out" issues with orders--I send emails late @ night & hope I get responses the next day!

~luna
(and for anyone who thinks I'm posting here to keep ABR from knowing who I am? My full name & address is posted right in the RAOGK section--it's not rocket science to figure it out!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies