View Single Post
Old 2018-02-13, 1:22pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Apparently it can be done. However I don't see the point in recalibrating anything. I think down the track it would lead to all sorts of issues should memory fail or if the kiln is sold.
Best to keep 'it real'.

I can't stress enough that it's not the controller. They all have their own little individual rates anyway. It's working just fine.
It's about other places in the setup which need more heat to compensate. That's understandable, given their instructions saying anneal at 537 which is way past Ivory or White sag point in bead areas nearer the elements, or to be more specific, in my old kiln.
But it's just not enough to account for that particular setup. Nowhere near.
I've been using that analogue gauge for years in the brick kiln to ensure beads were annealed correctly in it. It's proven itself time and time again.
I'm about to test the beads I just got out this morning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA# P107

Last edited by essiemessy; 2018-02-13 at 2:21pm.