View Single Post
Old 2006-01-14, 7:41am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne
I just hooked up my lynx and two concentrators the other day and djeez what a difference the heat makes! I said before that my minor could not make the beads clear ( not hot enough) but this little torch doesn't have a problem at all!!

I do have some questions, I hope someone can awnser them for me.

When I turn on my torch it takes about five to ten minutes to get the full propane flow going. I have to adjust the propane knob at least 15 times before I get a nice and steady flame. Is this normal for a lynx? I tested all the lines and there is no leak, it just looks like the flame get's smaller ( as if the bottle is almost empty, but its a new one and it's full so that is not the problem)

Also, I was wondering if I can batch anneal boro ( I just read mr smileys posting, so I assume I can) but I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Thanks all!

I would check your propane regulator. It sounds like it's either not set right for that torch, or it's faulty.

You can batch anneal boro, but I don't recommend it. There isn't really a problem with them breaking, but it's hard to get the colors to develop correctly if you let them cool and them batch anneal them. However, if you use non-striking colors, you can probably batch anneal them with no problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.