View Single Post
Old 2019-04-10, 5:29pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGO View Post
Thanks ! I don’t know if my little kiln will aneal or not. There’s no timer or thermostat on it. Plug it in , it gets hot. If it gets too hot to fast my glass breaks. So I plug , unplug ....... till it’s up to working temp , fuse the glass , and unplug. Takes about 3-4 hrs to cool down.
I just saw on Divardis site that they have freaking everything and they are really close. I just thought it would be convenient to get everything from one source other than getting stuff shipped from 3-4-5 different suppliers , I dunno....
So yeah , I guess I could get by then with a torch head for a while....
I’ve seen the fireworks glass and torch at hobby lobby , but again , I dunno.....
Ok then , hot head and some cooling blankets.....plus safety glasses and fans of course , that’s a given
Thanks again
Good for you for being safety minded! You may be able to find a Hothead here in the Garage Sale by putting up a wanted ad, or there are a few facebook groups to do the same.

It doesn't sound like your kiln would be good for beads. Temps need to be lower to garage the glass and if you don't know that that temp is...it's a guessing game at that point.

By all means, if Devardi is near you, buy some inexpensive glass and tools and go for it! Have fun! BUt ps- that 'annealer' is really not. See if there are glass groups or other glass peeps by you. Some people are glad to batch anneal, sometimes for a small fee, sometimes for free.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.