View Single Post
Old 2008-04-15, 1:35pm
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I beg to differ - "Entry Level" means that it's the lowest model of a product as in a Canon Digital Rebel is the entry level digital SLR Canon produces . . . it doesn't imply that it's cheap and be outgrown soon.

Thus, the Mini CC being the lowest model of the Carlisle torches, the Little Dragon of the Knight torches, the Bobcat of the GTT torches, the Minnow of the Bethlehem torches . . . thus the Piranha is NOT the lowest model and in my experience, a lot hotter torch than the Mini CC, Minor, Knight or Bobcat all of which I have used extensively (my friend has a studio with all those torches).

I am not going to get into a debate with you, Chad. It's very clear that you have issues with Bethlethem the company and thus its torches, including the Barracuda. I am simply stating my experience with the various torches in response to those seeking advice and recommendation. Unlike you, I did EXTENSIVE research before upgrading my torch from a Bobcat to the Barracuda and actually have read many posts by you putting the Cuda down. I know Kimberly loves her Cuda and I have spoken to Brent/Mr. Smiley and he loves his - those were the best recommendation I needed to make my decision especially after my research on the different inner fire of the various torches. The Cuda is more expensive because the Piranha is not the $200 entry-level torch.
"Entry Level" to me means something completely different. The term is tossed around a lot on the bike message boards I visit. Over there, a bike that costs $300-500 is considered "entry level". It is something to get you started, but is usually outgrown and replaced very soon as soon as the rider decides that they want to get into riding seriously. This isn't the case here.

I'm not sure why you feel like arguing with me, but that's fine if that's what you want to do. I apologize if I was out of line by stating my opinion. I was under the assumption that this was a public message board, and that everyone was allowed to state their opinion. Apparently I didn't know that it was only okay for some people to voice their opinion and not others.

However, since you brought it up, I think that using a torch for a year, making everything from beads to pendants to marbles to sculpture to pipes constitutes "EXTENSIVE" research. I had a Tiger Shark and a Barracuda in my shop for over a year. I spent more time on the Tiger Shark because it was mine and the Barracuda belonged to my friend. However, I would think it to be a safe bet to say that I spent more time on a Bethlehem torch during that year than you have spent on all your torches combined. I worked 4-5 hours a day most every day, and 8-10 hours a day on the weekends. I have not kept track of how much time I have spent on my CC, but if I had to guess I'd say over 500 hours easy. Probably much more than that. At least 200 hours on a Bullet. If that doesn't qualify as "EXTENSIVE" then I don't know what does. I haven't spent as much time on a Hellcat, but it's virtually identical to a Bullet (even the guys at Carlisle will say the same thing) so I think I'm safe in saying I know a little about that torch too.

I'm aware that some people are perfectly happy with their Bethlehem. For what I make and the way I work, a Bethlehem is the worst choice I could make.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2008-04-15 at 1:37pm.