View Single Post
Old 2015-09-03, 3:59am

I still use mine pretty sparingly, but I'll share what works for me...

I keep (within arm's reach of my torch) a 6in square glass recycled vase that I have sand in - about 3/4 full. Along the sides I have vertical labels for each glass. One side is striking, one is striking/reducing, and 2 sides are just reducing. I keep one full rod plus whatever partial rod I'm currently using of each color lined up behind the label. The rods are also individually labeled. All of the excess is in a box to replace as needed. I probably have 24+ different colors in one vase.

The nice thing about this, is if I pull stringers, I can poke them in the sand behind the correct label until I can get it labeled - if I ever do... For each side of the vase, I have arranged the order of the glass so that similar looking rods are not next to each other. (ie.: Keep your Olympic Rain away from your Aion2...)

I like that when I'm working on a bead, and decide at the last minute I need some shiny dots on it, I just turn it to the "reducing" side and grab a stringer from that side. It helps when you don't have every name with its associated properties memorized.

Since I rarely would use a full rod of one color at each session, this works well for me.

I'd attach a photo, but I just moved and am in process of putting together a new studio, so all my glass is packed up...

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."