View Single Post
Old 2013-05-11, 6:39am
I ate a big red candle!

Default tips for electric mandrel spinner

So, I just got an electric mandrel spinner used and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to use it. The videos made it look very easy, but I feel like I'm missing some information here.

How do you get the mandrel secure in the sleeve? I can fit the mandrel in the sleeve, but it still is loose if I try to do any "power marvering."

What's the best way to hold the tool? I'm still learning how to hold it. Looks like it should be held like an oversized pen. Do you just let it rest on your hand and balance and control the speed with your finger and thumb?

When working without the EMS, I always spin the mandrel very slowly to balance the bead. With the EMS am I supposed to be learning how to use a fast spin? Or just practicing slowing it down while I'm doing the initial bead shape?

Is there a prefered way to remove the sleeves so they don't get bent? I can't seem to remove the largest sleeves, but I don't want to mess them up trying to change them out.

Thanks for any advice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fledgling etsy shop