View Single Post
Old 2007-05-03, 2:38pm

See, there's the whole problem. We all started off on a hothead. Then we decided we wanted a little more control over the flame and a little more heat so we buy torch number two. It's usually the bottom of the line the next step up. We get that and go OMG!!!! I didn't know what flame control was. MORE!!! The next thing ya know....you have a hothead, a minor burner, a pirhana, a red max and a mirage. Sheeeesh. Okay that might only be specific to me, but I bet there are other similar tales. I wish I had thought at least one torch farther down the road than I had along the way, I would have saved tons of money.

I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. You buy a bottom of the line GTT torch as your next step up and the chances are you can get almost all of your money back when you trade up. You'll be able to get some of it back with the others. (Don't get me wrong, you'll be happy with any of the ones mentioned here. I've heard nothing but good things about all of them). There is an economic element to consider as well though. The bottom of the line GTT torch is the centerfire for all of the torches they make, and I use it 75% of the time. Boro, softglass, doesn't matter.

No matter what you choose, you're going to love the difference of that step up. Good luck