View Single Post
Old 2008-12-29, 9:12pm
PyronamixK

I have run a Cheetah on two DeVilbisses and got about 50% of what it could do on tanked. Even though it is not using the torch's potential, it was still nice for soft glass beads and maybe some small boro.

But, that was running two concentrators that put out the same psi. When you are running two concentrators that put out dissimilar psi, if the pressure difference is greater than about 2 psi, you will not get as much LPM out of the lower psi unit. I tested out an Invacare (similar to Mobilair) with an Integra10 (similar psi output as a DeVilbiss) and found that I was only getting one r two LPM from the lower psi machine, making the output much lower than it would have been if they were putting out the same (or close) psi.

What happens is the oxygen coming from the higher psi machine pressurizes the main line and the lower psi machine has a hard time pushing its oxygen into that line. It gets backpressured.

To get more oxygen to the torch, the solution would be to run two or more concentrators that put out the same (or close) psi. And with the Cheetah, the higher the psi, the better.