View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 2:27pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fine Folly Glassworks View Post
Hi,

I'm new here, and I'm a new bead maker with about 3 months experience.

Can I use a Hothead Torch with a silvering glass and get a nice result?

Is there any procedure to follow?
You'll have best results with a reduction glass--look through De's posts (theglasszone) she's on a hothead!

I'm partial to davinci 2 for a mixed torch (mini cc, cricket) or for either torch (hothead even!) TAG's taxco does nice things for me but it does have a weird learning curve (but, i love it even "plain" 'cause I love teal blue transparent!)
Nikki had nice results with Gaia on her hothead (and it reduces nicely also).
of course, many of us love any of the terra-odds that double helix puts out (I've loved any of the shorts I've been gifted ...I always sigh when they put them up & I can't afford them....but lovely people have sent me single rods, & one sweet person let me buy a "complete sampler" of singles a while back...and I did get some "nubs with tags" which were awesome for making dots--I can stretch those bits forever!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies