View Single Post
Old 2009-08-10, 10:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
Happy Birthday!!! My absolute favorite silver is Black Nebula ( I think it's by GT) followed closely by TAG Deep Purple and DH Psyche. I have to do the reducing glasses as I cannot seem to get anything to strike on my HH very well - but it reduces just fine. As a matter of fact, I have quite a bit of Dali Lama; Tibet and a rod or so of Striking Black Cherry and a couple of others that I would dearly love to trade for some reducers to someone who could use them! Oh, also have Zeus too which refuses to produce any thunder/lightning for me....
Hey J2! Thanks for the kind words about our glass. Dalai you would have trouble with on a Hot Head, but you should be able to get something out of Tibet? That one doesn't require deep heat to get color. Do try reducing that Zeus over a dark color, and THEN striking the reduction haze until it gets more opaque. Sarah Hornik has gotten great results from Zeus on a hothead this way. For some batches, you'll need to cover the holes, but people tell me that with other batches you can get that light redux just from working it low in the HH flame. if it is still not looking as strong as you would like, try putting a dot of clear on it. That bead in my avatar, BTW, is Zeus on the sides, Tibet in the middle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid