Thread: Black
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 9:59pm
Avada Kedavra

For a stable black to use as a base for dot/stringer work. Effetre black is fine. You need to be mindful that it can look dark purple in the light. One way of removing that effect is to encase the bead in dark trans grey, blue or purple. If that is too much effort for you, use CiM hades for dot and stringer work. The issue with CiM hades webbing out has to do with overheating. Although the batches that I have are very stable. I'm in Australia but if you would like a few rods, I'm happy to send you some CiM.

Intense black has always been my goto for the webbing/organic effects. I don't think of it as a base element glass. A few intense black stringers last years. I pull stringers to hair thread thickness to get a really lacy effect. I've used only 2 stringers out of the 10 I bought six years ago.

I hope you find the answer, a nice stable black that you are happy with is a bit of a trial, but if you don't mind your base bead being slightly transparent purple in bright light then Effetre Black will do the job. If that bothers you, CiM Hades is not transparent at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.