View Single Post
Old 2006-03-17, 11:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Larry. I appreciate your concern. I also appreciate the questions... many have been answered in another thread. I would suggest you go read that one. Unlimited Oxygen and South Central Cryogenics are one in the same. I think you know Larry that Respironics is one of the companies that does not allow certification on their units. They service all units themselves. Do you have a respironics certification? These guys have certs from a bunch of different companies... they have met all the federal requirements to work on medical grade concentrators and have the liscensing. Of course the manufacturer isn't going to certify or allow modifications to be certified or give permission to do so. It's liability on their part. Just like Honda doesn't allow after market tiinkering and voids the warranty if that happens. From talking to these guys, they know what they are doing... from using the machines, they really do work well. Let's just say worst case scenario... these crap out every year... to completely rebuild the unit is under $150. Considering some of us boro folks are paying $300 a month for oxy now, I wouldn't mind that at all. Now, these guys say they should run 15,000 hours before needing factory service... I'm not that far into it yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

I think you have a little bit of anger towards this company, because you are their competition. That's totally understandable. You've got 25 years experience... they have 15. Both are pretty significant amouts of experience. They know they are trying new things... and it is working out so far. It must scare the crap out of the competition... I for one applaud them for their efforts. We need this in our industry and I'm glad they are innovative and willing to push the envelope. Go Go Go Unlimited Oxy... make us happy tank free lampworkers...
Good Afternoon Mr. Smiley,
Please understand that this company represent no threat to us whatsoever LOL.
We have our own client base after 26 years.

My REAL concern is that you have a couple of clowns out there who just popped into the glass community selling unsafe and unproven equipment.
They are not on any glass vendor lists and have no history .
That scares the BAJESUS out of me. It would be an injustice for me to not voice my concerns. Anybody can pop up and talk alot of trash. These folks won't even answer the questions straight up. We know what questions to ask and I am sorry if they intimidate these folks, but if they are on the up & up they should freely share the information requested of them. If they will not answer basic questions STEER CLEAR and keep on looking.

Competitor Sites for SAFE use of Concentrator / Generator units

WWW.OGSI.COM - OG-15 & OG-20
Ask for FRED

WWW.SUNCOASTBEADS.COM --- SEQUAL & AIRSEP UNITS
Ask for Paulette

Now Please, no more garbage about being scared of compatition !!

Respectfully,
Larry LaClair